Center Access and Training Information
- Electron Microscopy
- Optical Microscopy
(a) Instructions for ANY NEW USER
- Regardless whether you plan to do the experiments yourself or the micorscopy will be performed by center staff: Go to FOM and create an account
- Download the 'PI-signature form' from here let your supervisor fill in a valid SpeedType and sign.
- Return the completed form to the center director.
- Note: If your supervisor is listed on FOM we most likely already have a sigend 'PI-signature form'. Please check back with the center director.
(b) Additional Instructions for NEW USERS who want to be trained
- Make sure you followed the steps above.
- Apply for training for the insturment you want to use in FOM
- Choose a date for the mandatory training session from below and inform the center director in advance which day you plan to attend.
- Bring the completed 'PI-signature form' it to the Mandatory Training Session if you have not already done so.
(c) Mandatory Training Session
- This training session is required for both grad students and post-docs.
- The Madatory Training Session for both TEM ans SEM will be in Conte B121.
- After attending the Mandatory Training Session proceed to Hands-On Training.
|2nd & 4th Friday||2pm~3:30pm||Location:||Conte B-121|
(d) Hands on Training
- Make sure to bring a notebook!
- No personal samples are permitted unless you are instructed to bring one.
- After having attended both Session 1 and Session 2 you will arrange for individual training with the center staff.
TEM JEOL 100CXLocation: Conte B-167
|Session 1:||1st & 3rd Friday 2-4pm||Session 2:||2nd & 4th Friday 2-4pm|
TEM JEOL 2000FXLocation: Conte B-161
|Session 1:||1st & 3rd Friday 10-12am||Session 2:||2nd & 4th Friday 10-12am|
SEM JEOL 6320 FESEMLocation: Conte B-166
|Session 1:||1st & 3rd Thursday 2-4pm||Session 2:||2nd & 4th Thursday 2-4pm|
Note: Training for the Magellan 400 requires the ability to opperate the JEOL6320 FESEM independently.